£40,000 - £50,000 per annum + Pension, Bonus
31 July 2018
Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with an exciting and innovative construction company. This company is one of the country's top house builders, specialising in building bespoke homes across the South East.
Working in their stunning offices, the Management Accountant will be responsible for preparing the monthly management accounts for Group Companies, their Subsidiaries and Joint Ventures.
Main purpose of role/overview:
The Residential Management Accountant will be responsible for preparing the monthly management accounts for Group Companies, their Subsidiaries and Joint Ventures.
- Preparation of the consolidated management accounts, subsidiaries and Joint Ventures
- Checking and posting of completion statements as required, both sales and cost of sales
- Cash Flow Reporting
- Sales & Marketing Costs Analysis for Quarterly Budget Process
- Preparation of loan utilisation requests together with supporting information with liaison with Project Monitoring Surveyors
- Invoice shared costs to Joint Venture partners on a monthly basis as required
- Other ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis as required
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- Health & Safety
- Awareness of Group Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Prepare the monthly Consolidated Residential Management accounts for review by the Financial Controller within four working days of the month end
- Ensure cost information is provided to the bank’s monitoring surveyors on a regular basis so that funds are drawn on each project every month (project funded) or quarter (RCF funded)
- Ensure that shared joint venture costs are invoiced to Joint Venture Partners on a timely basis each month.
- Ensure that completion statements are checked within 24 hours of receipt and sales completions & cost of sales journals are written up in the accounting records on the day of completion
- Adherence with financial procedures
- Accounting transactions are to be updated accurately
- People Management
- Management information to be presented in a way that they are readily understandable and provide explanations of financial performance suitable for business decisions to be based upon
- No specific financial budget responsibilities
- Ensure that loan monies are drawn on each funded project on a monthly basis
- Ensure that shared joint venture costs are invoiced to Joint Venture Partners on a timely basis each month and debts recovered before becoming overdue