Commercial Financial Analyst
Consultant Laura Watt
Date posted 19 July 2018 2018-07-192018-09-17 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client are a UK leading brand, who are looking to enhance their brand heritage and increase value for all stakeholders. Their mission is to achieve this by exceeding customer’s expectations through their commitment to professionalism and quality of service.
The role as Commercial Finance Analyst is to produce timely, accurate and relevant business information including management accounts, budgets and forecasts and commercial reports and analysis. You will also liaise with heads of department to assist in managing departmental budget responsibilities.
- To ensure the timely and accurate production of departmental management accounts including P&L, commentary and supporting schedules incorporating the processing of accruals and prepayments as required
- To prepare revenue schedule for rent and service charge, and to liaise with the property team on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of billing
- Meet regularly with heads of the above areas of responsibility to ensure that costs and revenue being recorded are accurate, and that the finance team are fully up to speed and equipped to forecast accurately
- Providing support and analysis to the business as required, including providing schedules and reports and attending meetings enabling departmental heads to manage their areas of responsibility
- Continue to progress and update the management accounts with inclusion of KPI’s and other value add
- Prepare monthly cost re-allocation and analysis in line with year end requirements
- Prepare monthly exceptional costs schedule in line with year end requirements
- Reconcile & post monthly payroll reports
- Ensure Accruals, prepayments, deferred income and accrued income balance sheet accounts are zero before commencing month end.
- To assist with production of annual budgets and periodic forecasts, in line with agreed timetables, liaising with departmental heads and budget holders.
The ideal candidate as Commercial Finance Analyst will have:
- Solid experience working in a finance team; preparing monthly management accounts, manage multiple P&L’s and reporting to key stakeholders
- Some people-management experience or natural ability would be useful
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with internal customers
- Ability to cope with changing priorities and work to tight deadlines
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems, act on your own initiative and think laterally.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.