Salary bonus. on site gym + pt
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant James Owen
Date posted 13 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Are you looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry? Robert Walters have recently partnered with a leading Financial Services organisation to recruit a Management Accountant to join their team.
Are you looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry? Robert Walters have recently partnered with a leading Financial Services organisation to recruit a Management Accountant to join their high achieving team. The company has been rapidly expanding since it’s inception in the mid-90’s and currently has over £40billion in assets under management.
You will be reporting into the Management Accounts Manager, and responsible for the production of the management accounts for 3 legal entities and supervision of a small team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is technically strong, wants to develop their career and likes working in a fast paced environment. Within the role you will have 3 direct reports, however previous management experience isn’t essential. This could be a brilliant opportunity for someone looking to make next step up their career. My client also offers a fantastic Team Leadership training programme allowing you to constantly develop your skillset.
Management accounts / MI
- Ensuring that the monthly management accounts and supporting documentation are prepared to an agreed timeline
- Preparing the agreed monthly management accounts schedules for the consolidated finance pack
- Preparing monthly analysis of the major variances arising with the management accounts
- Preparing monthly MI such as product profitability analysis for management
- Oversight of trade creditors / debtors and payment runs Process improvement
Statutory accounts, tax & regulatory
- Preparing supporting documentation for the annual audit and interim review
- Participation in on-site visits by the external auditor and ensuring all PBC information requests are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Considering tax implications of transactions entered into by the business and liaising with the Tax Accountant
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Providing budget and forecasting information when required
- Cash flow management
- Supporting in the implementation of Finance department objectives and maintaining SLAs
- Staff management responsibilities including 1-2-1s and appraisals
- Maintaining accounting procedures and operational manuals
- Ensuring controls are appropriate and adequate to minimise risk
- Assisting Management Accounts Manager with any ad hoc duties
Desired experience and skills
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified
- Excellent Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to lead teams
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning / organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Attention to detail
- Conscientious and methodical approach to work
My client are ideally looking to employ a qualified accountant with between 1 and 4 years post qualified experience who is ambitious in their career and wants to progress through the ranks.
Please apply for this Management Accountant role by sending through your latest CV to James.Owen@RobertWalter.com or by replying directly to this advert.