Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 19 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, a FTSE-listed property developer, are looking to recruit a Commercial Accountant to join their London office. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Commercial Accountant will come in and look after a number of key property developments from a commercial finance perspective.
You will take complete financial ownership for these iconic developments, running the budgeting/forecasting process, attending management meetings, assessing new project viability and looking at financial models.
My client is looking for someone ACA qualified, technically strong, someone who is bright, confident, commercial, and wanting to add value to this incredibly successful business.
Key responsibilities include:
To support the Commercial Finance Manager to report on the Production Unit accurately
- To proactively contribute to project teams to aid the strategic direction of sites
- To ensure projects are completely and accurately forecast
- To provide accurate analysis of development options and provide commercial recommendations
- To liaise with surveyors to ensure the correct forecast of build costs
- To review and control pre-development expenditure across projects
- To review and report on project marketing costs
- To provide project forecasts, and ensure financial deliverables are up to date and complete
- To ensure accurate recording of sales, providing analytics & feedback on pricing
- To review and control debtors, deposits and progress payments
- To post site specific journals and adjustments where required
- To forecast project cashflow as accurately as possible
- To review management information and monitor void position
- To complete ad-hoc Group information requests accurately and in line with deadlines
- Help ensure compliance of sites with relevant financial and statutory regulations including CCL licences
- Money Laundering regulations
- To ensure accuracy of tax and VAT reporting for the production units
The ideal candidate will be:
- ACA qualified (or overseas equivalent)
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication skills, business partnering with non finance
- An interest in real estate highly desirable
- Analytical mindset, with close attention to detail
To apply for this fantastic Commercial Accountant opportunity, please get in touch!