Salary £30000 - £40000 per annum
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 22 February 2017
This market leading manufacturing business in Warrington are looking for a Qualified Management Accountant to join their business in a role that will offer long term progression towards management and strategic roles.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your core responsibilities will include;
- Take responsibility for overseeing the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Work with multiple stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely accounting information is received, ensuring a full understanding of the P&L and variances
- Understand and comment on variances to budget, forecast and prior year
- Support senior managers in reviewing financial performance
- Leading the financial budget and forecasting process
- Operational analysis of manufacturing function to support the senior management team in decision making
- Assist the Financial Controller with the year-end supporting working papers and additional analysis for the audit file and tax computations
- Continually improve working practices and reports for the business to support their changing needs as the company grows
- Ad hoc requests and analysis from Financial Controller & Financial Director
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified accountant (or equivalent)
- Previous experience within a Management Accountant role
- Manufacturing experience would be a distinct advantage (but not required)
- Good technical accounting skills
- Strong finance systems knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel especially using Vlookup, pivot tables etc.
This vacancy is best suited for a commercially minded Management Accountant who is looking for an opportunity that will allow development in an outward facing role with potential for genuine strategic involvement in business planning and growth. Working for a hugely impressive Financial Controller who is committed to succession planning within this role - this is best suited for any individual looking to push their career forward.