Assistant Management Accountant
Salary £24000 - £28000 per annum
Consultant Joshua Hammond
Date posted 03 February 2017
A global chain of coffee retailers and cafés based in Epsom are seeking an Assistant Management Accountant to join their growing team.
Assistant Management Accountant key responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Management Accounts
- Journal creation for various month end accruals, provisions and prepaid income
- Assist in the production of the Monthly Management Reporting Pack including EBIT and Sales P&L reporting
- Assist in the Budgeting (plan) and forecasting (latest estimate)
- Variance analysis and expense monitoring
- Assisting with internal and external audit
- Completion of National Statistics forms
- Daily checking of BACS payment proposals, raising manual payment instructions
- Various reconciliations and checks ie Easy Purchase, debtor days, provisions
- Maintain and issue POs
- Maintain Finance Policies on the company intranet
The role will support the Financial Controller and require liaison with head office in Germany.
The role requires intermediate level Excel capability (lockups and pivot tables etc), strong numeracy and literacy skills, an ability to act with confidence and honesty to the finance team and stakeholder, a passion for finance and a desire to learn.
Knowledge and experience of an accounting package (preferably SAP) would be desirable, as would education to a degree level or a qualification in AAT. A desire to become a Qualified Accountant would be beneficial.
If you are interested in applying to this retail Assistant Management Accountant position, feel free to contact Josh Hammond on 01483 510400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org