Salary £40000 - £48000 per annum
Consultant Jacqueline Harris
Date posted 25 November 2016
An opporunity has arisen for Management Accountant at a large, well known, family run retailer in Merseyside. Looking for someone to start ASAP, working a 6 month fixed term contract, with an opportunity to become permanent.
About the job
As Management Accountant, you would be expected to carry out the following duties & responsibilities:
- Managing daily & weekly reports
- Managing a team and acting as both a Management Accountant, and Finance Manager
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Supporting the Finance Director in the day to day running of the accounting team
- Working within the accounts team ensuring all monthly management accounts are produced on time. Responsibility for all areas of the P&L and balance sheet, producing monthly management accounts with variance analysis & commentary
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Ensure reconciliations completed each month
- Ensure monthly & quarterly VAT returns are completed on time
- A qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or international equivalent) or qualified by experience (QBE)
- Ideally, previous retail experience
- Ideally, a working knowledge of SQL, although not essential
- Experience in producing management accounts, to month end
- Advanced Excel skills
About the company
A large, well known family owned retail organisation who are looking to grow and develop the business & the team, and therefore, it is an exciting time to join the business.
If you'd like more information on the role, please apply for the job using the link below.