Salary £45000 - £50000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 08 November 2016
A FTSE-listed property development company are looking for a Management Accountant to join their Head Office in London.
About the role:
Reporting straight into the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will have a great deal of exposure to the FD, Operations Directors and Commercial teams. You will be involved in various ad hoc analytical projects, as well as being strong with systems and process improvement.
The Management Accountant will also manage a team of 2 Assistant Accountants, giving you great leadership exposure straight away.
This is the perfect role if you are looking to make your first step into industry, in a varied and forward-looking Management Accountant role.
- Production of Management Accounts and key reconciliations
- Maintaining Company accounts / accounting entries
- Updating profit and cash flow forecasting system
- Reviewing departmental performance and preparing key schedules for the monthly Board papers
- Providing weekly reports and analysis to the management team
- Providing regular updates to the Divisional Finance and Group Finance teams
- Assisting project based Commercial Finance Managers in fulfilling reporting obligations
- Support for Commercial team for subcontractor and supplier payment logistics
- Continuous liaison with the purchase ledger clerks within the Company
- Ensuring accurate reporting of sales transactions and status
- Day to day responsibility for banking
- Responsibility for calculating monthly commission payments for sales staff
- Liaison with internal and external auditors as appropriate
- Close working with and support from the Financial Controller
- Objective to understand and automate processes wherever possible
- Managing a team of 2 Assistant Accountants
Your key skills:
- ACA qualified (or overseas equivalent)
- Numerical ability, with strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to lead a junior team
- Bright, articulate and hard-working
- Knowledge/interest in the real estate sector highly desirable
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.