Salary £35000 - £48000 per annum
Location Saffron Walden
Consultant Hannah Faucherand
Date posted 04 November 2016
This is a great opportunity for a Management Accountant seeking to build on an existing sound financial skills base, looking to broaden their company exposure and progress rapidly in a dynamic, growing pharmaceutical business based in Essex.
In order to support the rapid projected growth of this pharmaceutical company in Saffron Walden, the Management Accountant will take ownership of the month end and monthly management reporting process, supporting the Financial Controller in decision making, developing, implementing and maintaining an effective international financial control function. The Management Accountant will act as a Business Partner, working with Department Heads to ensure all financial information is accurately recorded and monthly accounts are prepared promptly along with cash forecasts.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Management Accountant role:
- Management reporting including preparation of journals, management accounts, assisting with forecasts, ad-hoc reports, quarterly VAT returns etc.
- Manage and develop one direct report
- Assist with financial reporting and compliance
- Assist with the Group's annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting cycle
- Financial analysis
- Assisting with Sales Ledger and Inventory Management
- Responsible for all aspects of monthly payroll
- Responsible for all aspects of group's purchase ledger
- General administrative support including petty cash, credit card analysis, expense analysis
For the Management Accountant role, you will:
- a qualified, with minimum three years industry experience OR qualified from practice looking for a role in industry
- have previous experience within a biotech/pharmaceutical/healthcare firm would be highly advantageous
- have high level of attention to detail
- have excellent excel skills and knowledge of any SAGE products
This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking for an opportunity to broaden their company exposure and progress to a future Financial Controller position in a dynamic, growing business.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position.