Salary £30000 - £35000 per annum + Study Support
Consultant Kevin Tse
Date posted 30 September 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join a transport services company based in Birmingham on a permanent basis with study support.
The role will be responsible for the provision of a proactive business partnering service to the Executive Director and their teams within transport and rail. This will involving planning, financial and management accounting service, supporting them in making informed financially aware decisions.
We need a dynamic individual who will be proactive, has a keen eye for detail, who can prioritise workload to meet deadlines. As a key member of the team you will be required to challenge and improve existing practices, including assurance, governance, reporting and efficiencies.
The duties of the Management Accountant will include:
- Lead the preparation of business plans and budgets.
- Consolidate and challenge budget holder plans and budget submissions, identifying opportunities and risk.
- Lead the production and presentation of period actuals and forecasts for Executive Directors and their teams.
- Support and where appropriate, challenge the budget holders and other functions in understanding the impact of the period results and forecasts against budgets.
- Support the Management account in the full management accounting service such as period end journals, balance sheet reconciliations and reporting.
- Management of Finance Assistants.
To be considered for this role the Management Accountant will need:
- Experience in month end duties
- Business Partnering (desirable)
- Experience in dealing with budget holders (desirable)
- Part qualified member of a relevant professional body, or qualified by experience
- Experience in management accounting and analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Experience of Oracle based systems (desirable)
If you would like any further information please contact Kevin - Robert Walters on 0121 260 2580