Finance Business Partner
Salary £30000 - £40000 per annum
Location Milton Keynes
Consultant James Taylor
Date posted 19 September 2016
An established, yet growing, industry leading Retail business based in Milton Keynes with a recognisable brand presence across the UK are looking for a Finance Business Partner. This role has a direct reporting line into the key business decision makers (including the FP&A Manager) and provides a genuine opportunity to be part of a team which influences the business direction. This role would be ideal for a finalist or newly qualified professional looking for their next step.
About the Finance Business Partner role:
Working as a Finance Business Partner, you will be responsible for delivering value adding management reporting / financial analysis and meaningful business insight, whilst managing a small yet progressive team.
- Act as a Finance Business Partner to operational and commercial team during Budgeting and Quarterly forecasting process
- Work closely with senior management in the preparation of Cash Flow budget and balance sheet budget alongside operational budgets and long term business plan
- Detailed budget and forecast analysis to understand risks and opportunities and report to management
- Review capital budgeting proposals and make recommendations to management based on risk and return analysis
- Regular performance reporting on various subjects for internal key stakeholders and international parent company
- Provide suggestions on how to improve financial reporting, KPI reporting for operations
- Prepare regular analysis and reports to evaluate performance as required by business
- Provide regular, insightful analysis and commentary on the trading performance of the business, identify trends, advise company and recommend actions based on sound analysis
- Support Business Planning and modelling of overall performance and acquisition evaluation
- The post holder will be working in a fast changing environment and they will therefore be expected to undertake other appropriate duties as required for the effective operation of the profit and cost centres
For the role of Finance Business Partner, my client is looking for the successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills supported by a relevant professional qualification - ideally you will be a finalist or newly qualified (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Proven working experience ideally in retail industry with all round accounting knowledge
- Understanding of UK GAAP, double entry accounting, full set of financial statements including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, FRS Cash Flow
- Self-directed with the ability to deal with ambiguity, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Accurate, attentive to detail, with good organisational skills and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop positive relationships and work effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to work with confidential information on a regular basis
- Good communication skills
- Ability to solve problems utilising technology, strong skills working with MS Excel and SAP, advanced IT skills
Based in Milton Keynes, this market leading retail business offers a great working environment, strong career progression and the opportunity to work for a brand which is experiencing significant growth and development.
If you are driven, determined and interested in this exciting Finance Business Partner position, please apply today or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation.