Salary £50000 - £55000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Charlie Paddock
Date posted 21 October 2016
A leading spread-betting, Forex and CFD's brokerage firm is looking for a Financial Accountant to join their Finance team in their London office. The role will be rotated across the main areas of the department to cover the client money section as well as financial control, regulatory reporting, and management accounting. There will also be scope for work on a number of projects arising from a recent initiative to apply for a UK bank licence.
The key Financial Accountant responsibilities are:
- Perform daily client money reconciliation for review by Finance Manger
- Assist on the regulatory reporting of the firm (COREP, CMAR, FSA001, FSA002).
- Ensure that all client deposits/withdrawals are processed accurately, in accordance with company requirements, in a timely manner
- Liaise with banking relationship contacts in order to resolve client deposit/withdrawal queries
- Produce daily bank/broker reconciliations, to be reviewed by Finance Manager
- Post daily journals using internal SUN accounting system
- Produce daily reviews of client withdrawals
Assist Finance Manager / FD with ad-hoc projects, such as management accounting, IT implementations, audits, regulatory documents.
Essential skills include:
- Fully Qualified Chartered Accountant in ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Understanding of CASS rules
- Previous experience of working in accounting/finance/banking/broking environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible in approach and stays to get the job done
- Ability to produce accurate work, in a timely manner
- Good communicator, good people skills
- Awareness of Money Laundering Regulations, familiar with anti-money laundering controls
Proficient at Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
If this Financial Accountant role is of further interest and you wish to apply, please send your CV to Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02075098333.