Internal Audit & Risk Specialist
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Dave Yate
Date posted 13 June 2022midlands accountancy-finance/internal-auditor 2022-06-13 2022-08-12 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a rapidly growing Birmingham based business is looking to on-board a Internal Audit and Risk Specialist to join the team at our European HQ in Birmingham. The specialist will be joining the Head of internal audit, working within a small, but technologically leveraged team. The specialist will have the opportunity to gain experience and progress within the organisation.
Main duties of the Internal Audit and Risk specialist
- Plan engagements, communicate results to senior stakeholders, discuss and agree on remedial actions, and monitor engagement outcomes
- Assist in the development of the annual audit plan
- Develop IA procedures according to the best practice,
- Carry out risk and control assessments and update the control and risk frameworks
- Monitor compliance with fraud and corruption policies
- Perform full audit cycles including risk management and control management over operations effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable rules and regulations
- Assess the inherent risk and control implications of different processes; understand the key risks
- Develop stakeholder relationships by acting as an independent assurer and by demonstrating commercial awareness
- Lead and manage projects and investigations as required by the Audit committee
- manage the continuous auditing project
Key Requirements of the Internal Audit and Risk specialist
- Qualified or working toward a qualification (CISA, CIA , ACCA, ACA)
- At least 2 years of demonstrable Internal audit or risk experience
- Ability to understand and articulate complex data structures
- Mature and dependable, respect deadlines, ability to work across cultures.
- Able and willing to travel 10-20% within Europe
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent level of English and remote communication skills
- Able to convey difficult messages and recommend improvements
- Team player, compassionate, people person, ability to work with all levels within the business
- Interested in IT and systems, curious, always willing to learn new skills
At the Robert Walters Group, we endeavour to contact all candidates to register their details. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, if we have not reached out to you within 72 hours, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, then please forward your CV and availability to email@example.com
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annumLocation: BirminghamDate posted: 13 June 2022Our client, a Private Equity backed organisation with large growth are looking for a Financial Accountant to manage the accounting, reporting, treasury, audit and tax functions of allocated private equity funds, direct investment funds and structured products. This is offering fantastic benefits and flexibility and of course, hybrid working.
Salary: £42,000 - £48,000 per annumLocation: Brierley HillDate posted: 10 June 2022Reporting to the Commercial Financial Controller providing financial analysis to the Asset Management team / Directors on the performance of the properties across the UK portfolio.
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annumLocation: West MidlandsDate posted: 07 June 2022Robert Walters – Finance Systems Analyst - Permanent – West Midlands (Hybrid Working) Our client, a market leading logistics business providing package deliver and mail services is looking for a permanent Finance Systems Analyst to support the finance function and wider business in preparing and managing key datasets in addition to using technical skillset to analyse and improve reporting tools.
Salary: £43,000 - £50,000 per annumLocation: DudleyDate posted: 12 May 2022The kind of person best suited to this role is someone who is career driven and ambitious and would see this role as a ste up within 2-3 years for a bigger role in the organsiation. The ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualification is essential for this role, as well as Financial Accounting Experience or if coming straight from an accountancy practice background you must be fully up to date with full FRS standard.
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annumLocation: BirminghamDate posted: 09 May 2022Our client, a Private Equity backed organisation with large growth are looking for a Financial Accountant to manage the accounting, reporting, treasury, audit and tax functions of allocated private equity funds, direct investment funds and structured products. This is offering fantastic benefits and flexibility and of course, hybrid working.