Salary £46,000 - £48,000 per annum + £4,200 car allowance
Consultant James Dwyer
Date posted 11 October 20192019-10-11 2019-12-10 accountancy Watford Hertfordshire GB WD24 4QQ GBP 46000 48000 48000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This will suit a qualified accountant with internal audit experience that is looking to work for a globally recognised business.
The Internal Auditor will contribute to project reviews of financial, operational, and compliance risks and controls across our global portfolio. This position will be part of a team primarily responsible for risk-based audits across Europe, Middle-East, and Africa (EMEA) operations but may also be asked to audit and processes across Americas and Asia Pacific regions (APAC).
Individual project assignments will be performed under the direction of the Vice President and Director of Internal Audit, with specific project oversight provided by the Managers of Internal Audit. Strong communication abilities, attention to detail, and business acumen are keys to success in this challenging position.
What will I be doing?
The Internal Auditor will contribute to teams responsible for performing financial, operational, and compliance reviews across various business, including the following:
- Efficient execution of assigned projects / tasks included on the department's risk-based Internal Audit Plan
- Participating in detail testing of key financial controls in support of the company's U.S. Internal Controls over Financial Reporting
- Conducting independent and objective assessments of internal controls, financial results, corporate processes, hotel operations, compliance requirements, etc.
- Partnering with management and Internal Audit leads to develop corrective action plans in response to all Internal Audit observations and subsequent follow-ups to ensure closure
- Helping refine departmental methodologies and deliverables in accordance with professional standards
- Educating and advising management and process owners on accounting and internal control requirements
- Interacting regularly with process owners and senior management
- Ensure timely project execution and project / workpaper closure.
- Any and all other job duties as assigned.
Planning Activities (5%)
- Prepare draft audit programs, request listings, testing strategies, and other pre-audit planning activities aimed at ensuring an efficient and effective audit.
- Schedule and conduct meetings with management to describe audit objectives, coverage areas, timing, and protocols for concerns / changes / escalations.
- Coordinate travel plans and logistics for scheduled audits.
- Coordinate quarterly follow-up meetings and document action plan statuses based on discussion with respective management action plan owners
- Build relationships and work closely with regional leadership to identify and mitigate property and Corporate-level risks
Organizing Activities (5%)
- Execute various aspects of assigned Internal Audit projects (i.e., planning, fieldwork / testing, workpaper preparation, draft reporting, etc.).
- Planning and execute testing related to internal controls over financial reporting and audits
- Ensure timely project execution and project / workpaper closure
Directing Activities (5%)
- Opportunities may exist to lead individual audit projects (based on level of experience)
Controlling Activities (85%)
- Execute Internal Audit projects, internal controls testing, and preparing workpapers / reports in accordance with department and Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) standards.
We believe for the success in this role, you will demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven External Audit or Internal Audit experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze financial, statistical, and operational data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems;
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals.
- Solid project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Knowledge of business mathematics, including ability to create and manipulate financial models and spreadsheets.
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong work ethic with self-accountability for high-quality results
- Positive attitude and perseverance in the face of challenges and / or changing circumstances
- High-energy self-starter capable of completing a diverse workload within strict timelines
- Highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum Education: BA/BSc Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven External Audit or Internal Audit experience
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.): Ability to travel up to 50% including international destinations requiring a passport / visa