Financial Controls and Risk Assurance Lead
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum + bonus, benefits
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 21 August 20192019-08-21 2019-10-20 telecommunications Bristol Bristol GB GBP 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Financial Controls and Risk Assurance Lead - Telecoms Company - Bristol - Up to £65,000 plus bonus and benefits package
Robert Walters are hiring for a Financial Controls and Risk Assurance Lead for a blue-chip telecommunications business based in central Bristol. This is a permanent, full-time role.
Working with the Global Controls and Assurance Manager, the job holder is responsible for maintenance and improvement of their financial internal controls, management of risk, and for ensuring the business remains SOX compliant.
- Responsible for leading on the design and delivery of the SOX strategy for Global and acting as the Single Point of contact for SOX compliance.
- Lead on the annual SOX / Financial Accounting Control Framework (ACF) scoping exercise for Global:
- Work with the 2 LoD team to define Global SOX scope and build approach, rationale and supporting evidence paper for CFO sign-off.
- Ensure that SOX controls are effectively designed and mitigate process risk points (including IPE requirements).
- Ensure changes to SOX/ACF scope are effectively communicated to key stakeholders.
- Ensure the level of precision to which the controls operate is appropriately defined and documented.
- Ensure SOX and ACF documentation is being appropriately maintained.
The company are looking for someone with SOX experience and strong, broad risk and internal controls experience, ideally gained from working within a large multinational company, or from working with clients like this whilst in practice.
The role comes with a salary in the region of £55,000 to £65,000 plus bonus and benefits. The role is based in their central Bristol office but there is also flexible working and some ability to work from home.