Salary £48,000 - £52,000 per annum + Annual Bonus, Free Parking
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 18 June 20192019-06-20 2019-08-17 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB M90 1AA GBP 48000 52000 52000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Project Accountant Global Organisation based in South Manchester Salary negotiable depending on experience + Bonus + Free Parking + Benefits
Working within our clients group risk & controls team, the role of the Project Accountant will cover all aspects of process, controls and investigation across the financial processes of the business.
The Project Accountant will have the opportunity to alternate from deep dive transactional reviews, documenting end to end processes, risk and controls reviews to working with a business area for a period to resolve operational issues.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have experience as follows:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualification is essential
- Have strong accounting experience (technical balance sheet experience etc.)
- previous exposure to an ERP system
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate and work with stakeholders and staff at all levels of the organisation
- Strong understanding of governance and controls.
- Ability to communicate and work with stakeholders and staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive mind set.
- Should be comfortable working in a team and independently.
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Focus on delivering customer service and quality solutions.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work well under pressure to meet deadlines and manage business expectations.
- Comfortable engaging with stakeholders of all levels along with the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Self-starter with a high level of self-motivation to drive activities to closure.
- Genuine interest in system automation, technology and business process improvement.
- The ability to identify, communicate and resolve/mitigate risks, issues and assumptions.
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines in rapidly changing environments.
Working as part of a team you will be responsible for:
- Review and documentation of processes and controls.
- Resolution and clearance of open / unreconciled transactions.
- ‘Deep dive’ transactions review of accounts and associated processes, identifying areas of weakness and risk.
- Redesign of processes to improve / address control weaknesses.
- Processing of adjusted and transactions within the ERP system in order to resolve issues identified.
- Risk & Controls reviews.
- Supporting operating finance team at times of high workload.
- Deal with confidential documentation with discretion.
- Provide general organisation and assistance for Finance engagement and team functions.
- Consider continuous improvement in everyday thinking.