Controls and Compliance Accountant
Salary additional benefits
Consultant Dean Bowers
Date posted 14 May 20192019-05-14 2019-07-13 accountancy UK Robert Walters
This is an opportunity to join one of the most established organisations in the Coventry area, and at a time of an exciting transformation and growth. Working in the Controls and Compliance team, this role will involve working with a variety of key stakeholders within the business to identify any assurance requirements and ensure all documentation is kept in accordance with appropriate standards. You will also perform detailed and accurate reviews of monthly reports based on all areas of the organisation that impact on compliance. In addition to the above you will be a lead point of contact for any Audit related enquiries and complete ad-hoc assignments.
Key day to day responsibilities:
- Identify where process improvements can be made throughout the business
- Identify any compliance risks and introduce remedial actions as required
- Keep up to date on all legislation changes and reporting standards, highlighting these to the wider team and business
- Support senior leaders by ensuring all key controls are regularly assessed ensuring the organisation remains fully compliant.
- Experience and/or knowledge of regulatory or operational controls, or wider internal control frameworks
- Possess the ability to understand and critically assess and map business processes and controls
- Have a strong technical accounting background
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Experience in the execution, testing and consolidation surrounding SOx (Sarbanes Oxley)
- Be a fully qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA)
If you would be interested in finding out more about this opportunity, apply today to ensure immediate consideration.