Global Head of Internal Audit and Risk
Location Greater ManchesterCONTRACTOR
Consultant Katherine Allwood
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-16 2019-05-16 manufacturing-and-production Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 80000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
PZ Cussons has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Global Head of Internal Audit to join their head office based in Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester.
This Global Head of Internal Audit and Risk position is a pivotal role for PZ Cussons. The role is looking after the Internal Audit and Risk function on a global scale, with a team based across different locations. This role is senior within the business as you will be reporting into the Board on a regular basis. You will be reporting into the Audit Committee, and be hugely visible across the business. This position will be ultimately responsible for developing and delivering the businesses Audit and Risk strategy; and ensuring that the internal controls framework and any governance control across PZ Cussons are in place and sufficient.
About PZ Cussons
PZ Cussons are a FTSE listed FMCG business, with their UK head office based in Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester. They have over 130 years’ experience of expertise in their field, and operate in the UK and on an international basis in developed and emerging markets. They have a real passion for their brands, which include well known household names within the UK such as Carex, Imperial Leather and Original Source.
This Global Head of Internal Audit and Risk role will be based in the UK, but as it’s an internally focused role there will be some international travel involved. This will involve travel to two key hubs in Kuala Lumpur and Nigeria, as well as other parts of the business as required.
About the role
This role will be an autonomous, reporting into the CFO as well as the Executive Board and Audit Committee. They are looking for someone who is an expert in internal audit and risk, and can take on this role to make it their own.
Alongside the below duties, this role will be involved with regular project work as required, when key areas of the business may need additional support within this role’s remit.
Duties will include:
- Plan, execute and deliver audits across the business. Ensuring any follow ups are actioned and key risk areas identified across the Group.
- Reporting into the key stakeholders on the findings of the audits, and ensuring an action plan and all correct controls are put into place for any risk that has been identified.
- Liaising with the external auditors as required.
- Regular reporting into the Board, the Audit Committee and Executive Board.
- Developing solutions to address areas of risk, and bringing the business on board to any changes being implemented.
- Reviewing all internal controls, to ensure they are adequate and implementing improvements as required.
- Ensuring the Internal Audit team is providing effective and high qualified work, in keeping with professional standards and Group policies.
- Managing the audit function resources appropriately, and engaging with external audit specialisms as required.
- Regular contact with key Finance Directors across the business, managing stakeholders and building strong relationships.
- Day-to-day management of a team.
About the person
PZ Cussons are looking for a Qualified Accountant to take on this exciting role, with a strong background in an Internal Audit and Risk function. Time in both internal and external audit would be a huge benefit, and you must have experience of reporting up to Board level. You must have worked in an international and complex matrix business. Ideally, you’ll have experience working in a business with a focus on emerging markets, as well as the UK.
This is a visible role across the business, and so you must have the gravitas to work closely with the Executive Team, as well as regularly reporting into the Audit Committee. Strong interpersonal skills are therefore essential, as well as being able to demonstrate that you truly are an expert in your field.
Exposure to continually developing an internal audit team, as well as experience within a FMCG business are also preferred backgrounds for the successful candidate. Any project work with business and finance transformation would also be an added bonus.
This is an exciting role working for this fast paced and interesting business, and as such PZ are looking for a focused senior internal audit and risk professional who can come into the role, and make an impact straight away.
For more information on this exciting role please contact Katherine Allwood on:
Katherine.email@example.com or apply via the link below.
Any third party applications will be sent directly to Robert Walters.