Senior Internal Auditor
Salary £300 - £400 per day
Location St. AlbansCONTRACTOR
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 06 November 2018 2018-11-062018-12-06 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Senior Internal Auditor required on an interim basis, working for a market leading business in Hertfordshire.
Our Hertfordshire (St. Albans) based client, require an interim senior internal auditor to provide a professional, value-adding internal audit service, based on an understanding of risks to the business, identifying appropriate controls, assessing control issues/gaps and working with business stakeholders to ensure that recommendations for improvement are implemented.
- Plan, carry out and finalise risk-based internal audit assignments, meeting terms of reference requirements and complying with IIA’s Code of Ethics and International Standards for the Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to monitor completion of actions to address recommendations arising from audit assignments.
- Contribute to ongoing and one-off Internal Audit initiatives with a view to improving the effectiveness and efficiency of departmental processes.
- Contribute to the annual internal audit planning process.
- Assist the Head of Audit, Risk and Compliance with production of reports and papers for meetings of the Executive Management Team, Audit Committee and Board as required.
- Conduct fraud and other ad-hoc investigations and reviews as required.
Key Success Measures:
- Audit assignments performed to scope and timescale as defined in terms of reference.
- Recommendations accepted by stakeholders as adding value and contributing to the improved effectiveness and efficiency of their business processes.
- Recommendations implemented by stakeholders in line with agreed timescales.
- Positive feedback received from stakeholders regarding performance on individual audit assignments.
- Professional accounting or auditing qualification (e.g. ACCA, MIIA), and minimum 2/3 years internal audit experience.
- On the basis of the terms of reference for an audit assignment, can develop an audit programme, including design of relevant audit tests to determine effectiveness of controls.
- Effectively and efficiently performs audit testing and draw appropriate conclusions on which to base audit findings.
- Ability to write draft reports in a clear, concise style covering audit findings, practical recommendations, management responses, conclusions, etc.
- Influencing Skills & Interpersonal Skills, able to builds effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and in all areas of the business.
- IT Skills Advanced user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Able to use standard audit tools to extract and analyse data from operational systems in support of audit testing.
- Liaises and works with other assurance providers, ensuring there are no gaps or duplications in assurance coverage.
- Risk Management - Have a sound understanding of risk management concepts and techniques and identifies and assesses risk pertaining to business processes under review.
If you meet the above criteria, and are immediately available, I would like to hear form you. Please apply!