Consultant Ryan Day
Date posted 16 October 2018 2018-10-162018-12-15 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
The client, a reputable 3bn pound turnover business based in East Lancashire is seeking a commercially focused Qualified Internal Auditor preferably with top 10 accounting firm experience. The Internal Auditor will support the Head of Internal Audit in delivering an internal audit service for the business, that provides assurance about the effective management of risk, adds value to the operations of the business, drives business change and complies with applicable professional standards of integrity and objectivity.
Deliver individual audit assignments autonomously, with a minimum of supervision, so as to ensure that they are delivered to time and cost.
Agree audit actions required with management and Group CFO.
Plan, control and record internal audit work effectively in order to obtain sufficient, relevant and reliable evidence to support audit conclusions.
Apply experience and knowledge of best-practice finance and operational business procedures and controls, to promote effective solutions to business problems.
Write fluent, well-structured and timely audit reports summarising audit findings and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
Deploy inter-personal and communication skills to deal effectively with staff at all levels of seniority.
Deputise for the Head of Internal Audit as required and work effectively in a team with Finance and other colleagues to contribute to the overall objectives of the company.
Maintain a proactive and highly flexible approach to deal effectively with business challenges and requests which emerge unpredictably.
Influence management to implement performance improvement opportunities identified by the business' internal audit, group internal audit and external audit.
Monitor and support the closure of audit actions agreed.
Provide additional resource within the central finance team to support key periods within the annual cycle and ad-hoc projects, as required.
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- High standards of integrity and objectivity
- Highly motivated to achieve
- Able to draw appropriate conclusions from audit evidence
- Confident in working independently
- Committed to driving continuous improvement
- Good communication skills
- Able to build strong working relationships
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant
- Proven track record of achievement in internal or external audit, finance or a closely-related discipline
- Possesses technical expertise in the evaluation of financial and operational controls
- High level of IT literacy, including strong spreadsheet skills
- Good attention to detail and an ability to complete work quickly and accurately
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with high volumes of complex data
- Commercially focused, in order to be able to understand different business areas and the key controls required
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proven ability to write succinct, fluent and well-structured reports.
- Ability to build relationships and influence inside and outside of Finance
- Experience of applying data analytics and using computer assisted audit tools (CAATs) is desirable, but not essential
- Open to business travel (around 30 – 40%)
Please get in touch at the earliest opportunity to apply for this role.
I look forward to hearing from you.