Salary £38,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant James Owen
Date posted 09 August 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client is of Europe’s largest and fastest growing tech distribution and specialist service providers with 2018 turnover in excess of £3 billion. They partner with over 350 global technology brands and over 14,000 resellers, e-commerce operators and retailers across Europe.
My client is of Europe’s largest and fastest growing tech distribution and specialist service providers with 2018 turnover in excess of £3 billion. They partner with over 350 global technology brands and over 14,000 resellers, e-commerce operators and retailers across Europe. The business is currently going through an exciting period of change and expansion that includes moving to a new state of the art distribution centre in Burnley, replacement of an existing Oracle ERP system with SAP and rolling out an ambitious acquisition strategy. The client is a subsidiary of a FTSE 100 company, specialising in international sales, marketing, distribution and business support services, employing over 10,000 people worldwide with an annual turnover of in excess of £14 billion.
I am recruiting for an Internal Auditor on their behalf. This role will support the Head of Internal Audit in delivering an internal audit service for the company, that provides assurance about the effective management of risk, adds value to operations, drives business change and complies with applicable professional standards of integrity and objectivity.
- Deliver individual audit assignments autonomously, with a minimum of supervision, so as to ensure that they are delivered to time and cost.
- Agree audit actions required with management and Group CFO
- Plan, control and record internal audit work effectively in order to obtain sufficient, relevant and reliable evidence to support audit conclusions.
- Apply experience and knowledge of best-practice finance and operational business procedures and controls, to promote effective solutions to business problems.
- Write fluent, well-structured and timely audit reports summarising audit findings and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Deploy inter-personal and communication skills to deal effectively with Exertis staff at all levels of seniority.
- Deputise for the Head of Internal Audit as required and work effectively in a team with Finance and other colleagues to contribute to the overall objectives of the company.
- Maintain a proactive and highly flexible approach to deal effectively with business challenges and requests which emerge unpredictably.
- Influence management to implement performance improvement opportunities identified by Exertis internal audit, group internal audit and external audit.
- Monitor and support the closure of audit actions agreed.
- Provide additional resource within the central finance team to support key periods within the annual cycle and ad-hoc projects, as required
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- High standards of integrity and objectivity
- Highly motivated to achieve
- Able to draw appropriate conclusions from audit evidence
- Confident in working independently
- Committed to driving continuous improvement
- Good communication skills
- Able to build strong working relationships
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant
- Proven track record of achievement in internal or external audit, finance or a closely-related discipline
- Possesses technical expertise in the evaluation of financial and operational controls
- High level of IT literacy, including strong spreadsheet skills
- Good attention to detail and an ability to complete work quickly and accurately
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with high volumes of complex data
- Commercially focused, to be able to understand different business areas and the key controls required
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proven ability to write succinct, fluent and well-structured reports.
- Ability to build relationships and influence inside and outside of Finance
- Experience of applying data analytics and using computer assisted audit tools (CAATs) is desirable, but not essential
- Open to business travel – Europewide
If you would like to here more about the role, including the unique benefits on offer please apply directly via this advert, call me direct on 0161 240 7483 or send an email to me at James.Owen@RobertWalters.com.