Internal Audit Manager
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 26 July 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
This rapidly growing, FTSE 250 business in Chester are looking for a commercially minded & technically strong Accountant, ideally from an Audit background to join the business in a highly visible and profile-raising role. Gaining exposure to key Commercial stakeholders, this role will provide proactive advice to the business and play a vital role in Revenue planning. This role is for a fixed term maternity cover and is expected to last 12 months.
- Line management responsibility for two Revenue Auditors, including responsibility for supporting development needs.
- Building good relations with stakeholders, including the commercial teams and external providers.
- Providing proactive advice, challenge and insight to the Group through the provision of high quality assurance, analysis and advice.
- Planning which providers to audit to achieve sufficient coverage of panel in line with business needs.
- Management of individual provider audits, including review and involvement in audit scoping, fieldwork, audit findings, reporting and follow up.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the contracts and commercial arrangements the Group has with its providers and assessing how best to provide revenue assurance.
- Performing off-site audits, utilising skills such as data analysis, detailed testing, process reviews and interviewing.
- Ensuring that there is engagement with commercial teams in negotiation with providers to gain a suitable resolution to audit findings.
- Identifying necessary control and process improvements following audit findings, both internally and externally
- Continually improving the revenue assurance testing programme in the light of audit findings and learnings.
- Supporting Commercial teams in contract negotiations and commercial negotiations where required using expertise and insights gained from provider audits.
- An analytical mind-set and the ability to manage large quantities of data and identify trends
- Ability to manage multiple audits at a time, prioritising workload, resource and ensuring the successful delivery of the revenue assurance plan
- Proven experience of managing & supporting a small team
- Experience working in Audit for a large organisation or Big 4 would be an advantage.
- Experience of working collaboratively in cross-functional/multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ideally a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
Despite being a 12 month contract, with the business going through serious growth, permanent opportunities will become available for the right candidate.