SOx Compliance Manager
Salary £50000 - £60000 per annum
Consultant Nick Simons
Date posted 14 November 2016
A hugely attractive SOx Compliance Manager opportunity has arisen with a global manufacturing company in Merseyside, Liverpool. The SOx compliance manager will be responsible for the Company’s internal SOx initiative and performing day-to-day tasks from scoping to testing and final reporting under the direction of the Head of Group Reporting. You will work directly with the process owners on the testing of key controls as well as assisting with any remediation efforts.
The successful SOx Compliance Manager will be responsible for the below competencies:
- Leading the walkthroughs of processes and testing of the design and operating effectiveness of key SOx controls
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate the identified risks
- Maintain the Company’s SOx documentation including Risk Control Matrices, Process Narratives (in conjunction with the process owners), timely testing of key controls and keeping a summary of deficiencies and plan for remediation
- Document SOx testing results in accordance with established regulatory and auditing standards.
- Documents the results of business assurance work in accordance with the audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards
- Assist in the initial evaluation of potential control deficiencies to determine root cause and provide practical recommendations for remediation
- Perform follow up procedures to monitor Management’s actions from the reported findings
- Monitoring remediation activities undertaken by the business units to support the timely and effective resolution of identified issues
- Prepare SOx status and Business Assurance updates that will be shared with the Company’s management, Audit Committee and external auditors
- Working closely with local management and advisors, including the Group’s external auditors to deliver the SOx compliance program and Business Assurance program in an efficient and effective manner
- Assist in providing SOx compliance training to the business
- Identifying and leading improvements to the SOx and Business Assurance programs
The successful SOx Compliance Manager will have the below skills/ experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience at a public accounting firm or a publicly traded SOx or internal audit department
- Strong knowledge of PCAOB and SOx requirements, including a strong understanding and the ability to apply COSO 2013
- Experience in developing and implementing internal audit risk assessments, internal audit plans, and specific internal audit projects
- Must be results focused and ensure adherence to meeting assignment deadlines and juggle the demands of multiple assignments
The role is highly desirable so please get in touch if you want to build your career within a business that is a true market leader and a truly enjoyable working environment.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.