Risk and Insurance Assistant
Salary £25000 - £35000 per annum + excellent pension, study support, bonus
Consultant Andrew Hawkings
Date posted 10 November 2016
A Risk and Insurance Assistant opportunity has arisen at a hugely desirable FTSE 100 retailer headquartered in central London. This company owns and operates a huge number of outlets in some of the strongest locations around the UK, and are currently in the process of expanding to the continent.
About the role:
As part of the wider Audit and Risk team, the Risk and Insurance Assistant will report into the Insurance Manager and assist in developing and supporting appropriate procedures to meet the wider team objective.
This role offers excellent progression prospects either into the wider business or into the Internal Audit function. Study support can be accommodated if required and professional development is actively supported and encouraged.
Working closely with the Insurance Manager you will:
- Ensure adherence to the claims management strategy
- Keep procedures and processes updated to maximise efficiency
- Record claims within strict timescale
- Manage relationship with insurers
- Analysing insurance data and spotting trends
- Provide administrative support for several larger projects
- Manage the motor insurance database for the group
- Support the Heads of Risk, Internal Audit and Tax as required
- Support the Internal Audit team when called upon
- Confident and engaging character wil ability to work closely with all levels of seniority
- A strong analytical mindset
- Excellent report writing skills
- Highly numerate
- Strong Excel skills
- Willing to travel throughout the UK to retail outlets as required
- Knowledge/experience of the insurance industry would be advantageous
This Risk and Insurance Assistant role offers exceptional long-term potential to grow within a FTSE 100 retailer based in the very heart of London. If you are keen to see the full job spec and discuss further, please do get in touch!