Senior Internal Auditor
Salary £40000 - £50000 per annum + pension, healthcare, bonus
Consultant Andrew Hawkings
Date posted 16 November 2016
A Senior Internal Auditor opportunity has arisen at a hugely desirable FTSE 250 retailer who are headquartered in central London. There are currently 8 in the team and this hands-on role reports into the Internal Audit Manager.
About the role:
The team’s purpose is to provide assurance to management and the Board over the efficiency and integrity of corporate procedures and risk management.
As Senior Internal Auditor, you will be involved in planning, leading, performing and reporting on a range of operational and financial audits according to the Audit Plan.
This highly desirable role offers you the opportunity to move into a FTSE 250 firm and use your attributes and apply your skill sets to help the organisation manage risks better, and advise the business in order to continuously improve their systems and processes to achieve better results.
As an integral part of the business, Internal Auditor you will have exposure to all levels of seniority throughout the business, giving a uniquely broad and privileged insight into all of the company’s dealings, functions, teams, systems and processes.
- Lead audits and manage work of team members
- Ensure the business has an effective risk management strategy that encapsulates modern thinking in this area
- Execute the planning, fieldwork, review, reporting and completion of audits and risk reviews throughout the business and retail outlets
- Report writing on audit findings
- Ad-hoc project assurance tasks
- Provide advice to the business on controls and risks
- Qualified accountant
- Experience of working in an Audit, risk or finance environment
- Outgoing and confident character with the ability to engage with all levels of seniority
- Methodological and organised approach
- Numerate and meticulous attention to detail
This roles offers domestic travel and occasional trips to mainland Europe.
This role offers exceptional long-term potential to grow within a FTSE 250 retailer based in the very heart of London. If you are keen to see the full job spec and discuss further, please do get in touch!