Salary £30000 - £35000 per annum + negotiable
Consultant Andrew Hawkings
Date posted 05 September 2016
An Internal Audit opportunity to join a market-leading FTSE 100 Retail business has arisen in Central London. The role will focus on both Operational and Financial based audits exclusively within the UK, with travel to stores amounting to around 20% of your time. Travel will be as a team and will typically be for 1 week at a time, Mon – Fri.
The Internal Auditor will work in a of a team of 6 reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, who in turn reports to the Senior Internal Audit Manager. This role would ideally suit either a part-qualified accountant with audit experience or a non-qualified auditor from Industry or Practice who would like to be sponsored through the ACCA.
The Internal Auditor will carry out:
- Assist in planning and preparing draft audit programs across operational risks and financial controls
- Co-ordinate quarterly follow-up meetings
- Build relationships and work closely with leadership to identify and mitigate risk
- Various ad-hoc projects
For the Internal Auditor role, you will have an interest in the retail industry, ability to work with all levels of an organisation, willing to travel up to 20% of the time to achieve maximum impact/value-add.
You will have the below experience:
- Graduate of Finance related course
- Sound knowledge of Internal Audit
- Ideally a Top Ten Practice background
- Part-qualified or willingness to work towards an accountancy qualification
- Spanish is an advantage, but by no means a requirement
This leading Retail business has an unbeatable Central London location and will reward and progress those that perform to the highest of standards, progression within the Audit function or wider business are equal possibilities. The team enjoy being part of such an interesting, dynamic business, as with this comes very interesting risks and thus the audit plan is focused on identifying and mitigating emerging risks rather than a cyclical financial compliance role.
This role is highly desirable within the Internal Audit market and will go quickly, please get in touch if you want build your career within a business that is a true market leader and a truly enjoyable working environment.