Group Reporting Accountant
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 03 December 20192019-12-03 2020-02-01 accountancy Crewe Cheshire Herald drive GB cw1 6eg GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Impressive opportunity for an ACA Qualified Accountant - Salary up to £55k + Benefits + Flexible Working Robert Walters are pleased to be partnering a global & highly acquisitve business in their search for an ACA Qualified, Group Reporting Accountant to join their UK Head Office finance team based in Cheshire.
Our client works with multiple well known brands offering a bespoke service; they're a forward thinking business with a strong, entrepreneurial senior management team taking our client through their next phase of growth.
Due to recent success we are now recruiting for a Qualified Group Reporting Accountant to be responsible for the delivery of high-quality submission of internal and external reporting outputs, including statutory, regulatory and US reporting.
The Group Reporting Accountant will also play a key role in the co-ordination of the statutory audit process and the preparation of statutory accounts.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have experience as follows:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified
- US GAAP Knowledge ideal
- Experience in preparing consolidated financial statements
- Experience of data manipulation/reconciliation
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders including directors
- Ability to manage numerous deadlines and prioritise workload in order to achieve these deadlines
The Group Reporting Accountant will be responsible for duties as follows:
- Preparation of Statutory Annual accounts including going concern assessment, impairment review documentation
- On time submission of statutory reporting inputs to regulatory reporting on a quarterly basis
- On time submission of consolidated, US GAAP financial reporting on a monthly basis
- Co-ordination of the statutory audit process, working with key SME's and stakeholders within the wider Finance function, to deliver on-time and in a cost-efficient manner
- Involvement in quarterly UK GAAP entity level Balance Sheet Reviews
- Delivery of quarterly analytical templates to the International Finance team
- Responsibility for financial outputs presented at specific internal governance committees (e.g. Underwriting Committee, Prudential Risk Board)
- UK to US reporting reconciliations maintained on a monthly basis
- Maintain fully complete and signed-off month-end checklists
- Perform technical accounting considerations for New Business opportunities and prepare accounting papers for executive sign-off and external audit, on both a UK and US accounting standards basis
- Delivery of industry reporting and ad-hoc reports from regulator
- Support review and implementation of new accounting standards.
This is a great opportunity to join a long-established business that are growing rapidly by acquisition. The Group Reporting Accountant will be an imperative part of my client’s senior management team and have a wealth of benefits including the opportunity for flexible working.
Our client is keen to meet with suitable candidates throughout December - to be considered please forward your CV today for immediate consideration.