Salary £500 - £550 per day
Consultant Jonathan Kerr
Date posted 27 November 20192019-11-27 2019-12-27 banking Manchester Greater Manchester GB M25ND GBP 500 550 550 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters' quialified finance team are proud to be representing a leading financial services organisation based in Manchester City Centre in teir search for an ambitious Tax Manager with a comprehensive understanding of VAT to join on an interim circa 5-6 month contract.
As an Indirect Tax Manager, reporting directly in to the Senior Tax Manager, you will take control of the indirect tax risks and provide a high level of VAT advice to key senior stakeholders across the business.
- Preparing and managing the delivery of indirect tax returns to HMRC
- Providing technical indirect tax advice that is both practical and accessible to non-experts
- Identifying VAT risks and opportunities and working in conjunction with other business areas to minimise the risks and take advantage of the opportunities
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Negotiating with and influencing HMRC
- Building strong relationships across the Bank
- Advising on accounting system changes and the introduction of Making Tax Digital
This role would suit a Member of Chartered Institute of Taxation, or an individual with substantial practical experience gained in industry, with a comprehensive understanding of VAT accounting and the ability to prepare accurate VAT journals. A financial services background would be advantegous however not essential.
You will be given chance to join a leading and reputable business who pride themselves on an autonomous working environment, working a 35 hour week and offering work from home options.
Please get in touch with Jonny Kerr at RW Manchester for further details.