Group Reporting Accountant
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 28 October 20192019-10-28 2019-12-27 accountancy Crewe Cheshire GB GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Group Reporting Accountant |Crewe, Cheshire | Global Financial Services Salary negotiable - £40, 000 – 50, 000 per annum + Benefits + Flexible Working Robert Walters have an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking Global Financial Services business in the search for Group Reporting Accountant. This role will be based within their finance headquarters in Cheshire working alongside a high calibre, entrepreneurial senior management team.
The Group Reporting Accountant will be responsible for the delivery of efficient, accurate, timely and high-quality submission of internal and external reporting outputs, including statutory, regulatory and US reporting.
The Group Reporting Accountant will also play a key role in the co-ordination of the statutory audit process and the preparation of statutory accounts.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have experience as follows:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified
- US GAAP Knowledge
- Experience in preparing consolidated financial statements
- Experience managing people in a changing environment
- Experience of data manipulation/reconciliation
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders including directors
- Ability to manage numerous deadlines and prioritise workload in order to achieve these deadlines
The Group Reporting Accountant will be responsible for duties as follows:
- Preparation of Statutory Annual accounts including going concern assessment, impairment review documentation
- On time submission of statutory reporting inputs to regulatory reporting on a quarterly basis
- On time submission of consolidated, US GAAP financial reporting on a monthly basis
- Co-ordination of the statutory audit process, working with key SME's and stakeholders within the wider Finance function, to deliver on-time and in a cost-efficient manner
- Involvement in quarterly UK GAAP entity level Balance Sheet Reviews
- Delivery of quarterly analytical templates to the International Finance team
- Responsibility for financial outputs presented at specific internal governance committees (e.g. Underwriting Committee, Prudential Risk Board)
- UK to US reporting reconciliations maintained on a monthly basis
- Maintain fully complete and signed-off month-end checklists
- Perform technical accounting considerations for New Business opportunities and prepare accounting papers for executive sign-off and external audit, on both a UK and US accounting standards basis
- Delivery of industry reporting and ad-hoc reports from regulator
- Support review and implementation of new accounting standards.
This is a great opportunity to join a long-established business that are growing rapidly by acquisition. The Group Reporting Accountant will be an imperative part of my client’s senior management team and have a wealth of benefits including the opportunity for flexible working.
To be considered please forward a CV today for immediate consideration.