Group Financial Accountant
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
Consultant Peter Maxey
Date posted 10 October 20192019-10-10 2019-12-09 building-and-construction Northampton Northamptonshire GB NN5 7UG GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Based in Northampton, our client is a leader in what they do with internal succession planning and a rewarding employee culture at the heart of everything they do. The business is undergoing a radical transformation and this role will support ongoing live projects as well as support the financial accounting team with compliance for company and statutory regulations. This Group Financial Accountant role will suit a qualified accountant, with a strong technical footing in practice, looking for a platform within a progressive environment to support their career. Whether this person would like to own the Financial Reporting Space within the Group long term, or explore opportunities down the FP&A/Commercial finance route, this organisation will support the role holder in whichever way they would seek to further their career.
- Supporting the Group Financial Team to ensure that month end reporting and year end statutory procedures are accurate and in line with accounting standards.
- Ownership of the Balance Sheet control process.
- Assist in process improvement projects, partnering with different departments to ensure processes meet the Group's needs.
- Maintain a high level of financial control.
You will be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with a practice background, or seeking a first move into industry.
- A strong working knowledge of statutory accounting, internal controls and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Comfortable managing the relationship with key stakeholders and auditors in a fast paced environment, and has an ability work well under pressure.
- Advanced Excel capabilities.
The organisation are offering a competitive salary, alongside an impressive benefits package.