Group Reporting Accountant
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 05 September 20192019-09-05 2019-11-04 accountancy Crewe Cheshire GB GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Group Reporting Accountant ¦ Crewe, Cheshire Robert Walters are exclusively partnering a global organisation in the search for Group Reporting Accountant to join their UK finance division based in Cheshire. Salary - Up to £45, 000 per annum + benefits
This role is to support the Group Reporting Team and deliver efficient, accurate, timely and high-quality submission of internal and external reporting outputs, including statutory, regulatory and US reporting.
The Group Reporting Accountant will also play a key role in the co-ordination of the statutory audit process and the preparation of statutory accounts.
Skills and experience required:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Big 4 accountancy experience
- US GAAP Knowledge
- Experience in preparing consolidated financial statements
- Experience managing people in a changing environment
- Experience of data manipulation/reconciliation
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders including directors
- Ability to manage numerous deadlines and prioritise workload in order to achieve these deadlines
You will be responsible for duties as follows:
- Preparation of Statutory Annual accounts including going concern assessment, impairment review documentation
- On time submission of statutory reporting inputs to regulatory reporting on a quarterly basis
- On time submission of consolidated, US GAAP financial reporting on a monthly basis
- Co-ordination of the statutory audit process, working with key SME's and stakeholders within the wider Finance function, to deliver on-time and in a cost-efficient manner
- Involvement in quarterly UK GAAP entity level Balance Sheet Reviews
- Delivery of quarterly analytical templates to the International Finance team
- Responsibility for financial outputs presented at specific internal governance committees (e.g. Underwriting Committee, Prudential Risk Board)
- UK to US reporting reconciliations maintained on a monthly basis
- Maintain fully complete and signed-off month-end checklists
- Perform technical accounting considerations for New Business opportunities and prepare accounting papers for executive sign-off and external audit, on both a UK and US accounting standards basis
- Delivery of industry reporting and ad-hoc reports from regulator
- Support review and implementation of new accounting standards.
Our client offers great salary prospects along with fantastic career opportunities and benefits. For further information please forward your CV for immediate consideration.