Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Salary £80,000 - £95,000 per annum
Consultant Katie Slingo
Date posted 04 June 20192019-06-06 2019-07-04 accountancy London London GB GBP 80000 95000 95000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting opportunity to join a leading British Luxury Fashion House.
A senior role within the Group Financial Reporting team, with responsibility for Group Technical Accounting; together with responsibility and oversight of the accounting for inventory, lease accounting and share based payments from a consolidated Group perspective. Two direct reports and one shared resource. FTC contract for 15-18 months
• Responsible for maintaining and updating the Group accounting policies, and communicating these to the wider Burberry finance teams, ensuring global consistency and compliance.
• Technical accounting centre of expertise leadership and training across the Group.
• Support the first year of reporting under IFRS 16
• Responsible for reporting the Group consolidated inventory position including calculating unrealised profit in stock for actual, forecast and budget results; review and analysis of inventory reporting by business units; estimation of impact of exchange rates on inventory and profit in stock.
• Review of inventory for statutory reporting, ensuring compliance with accounting policies. Analysis of statutory inventory and inventory provisions. Drafting report to audit committee on inventory.
• Preparation of inventory disclosure notes for Group financial statements.
Share Based Payments (IFRS 2)
• Responsible for managing the monthly IFRS 2 share based payments accounting process, including the ESOP trusts.
• Responsible for managing the budgets and forecasts process for share based payments.
• Provision of ad hoc advice to Reward team regarding specific proposals for share awards.
• Preparation of the IFRS 2 disclosure notes for the Group financial statements and relevant subsidiary accounts.
• Responsible for managing and owning the preparation process for the Group financial statements for Interim and Year End statutory reporting, working in conjunction with the consolidation team and reporting to the Group Financial Controller.
• Ensuring the financial statements are compliant with IFRS requirements and Group accounting policies.
• Acting as a key contact for the Group external auditors, leading the Group coordination of the audit & review processes during interim and year end reporting.
• Member of the Annual Report work group with input to the strategic report and remuneration report.
Ad hoc tasks
• Participate in other Group Financial Reporting projects as required.
Qualification: Qualified Accountant – ACA or equivalent.
- Post qualification experience at a manager/senior manager level either in industry or practice.
• Excellent knowledge of IFRS.
• Experience of consolidation systems and consolidation in multicurrency groups.
• Previous group reporting experience would be advantageous
• Exposure to inventory accounting and/or share based payments would be advantageous