Spanish Group Accountant
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 04 June 20192019-06-04 2019-08-03 manufacturing-and-production Merseyside Merseyside GB L3 1BP GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This international engineering business in Liverpool are looking for a Spanish speaking accountant to join their centralised finance team, covering the S. American & Spanish parts of the business.
Reporting to an impressive Financial Controller, committed to your long term development, the key responsibilities include;
- Financial accounting and reporting from overseas subsidiaries – assisting with the provision of timely monthly financial statements, statutory accounts and management reporting on a local GAAP and as appropriate IFRS basis, according to group policies and timetables.
- Monthly reporting of overseas subsidiaries results which will include the review and challenge of management accounts, analysis and commentary on year to date movements and KPI reporting providing insightful analysis to assist with decision making. To achieve this it will be necessary to perform detailed balance sheet and income statement reconciliations and analysis.
- Monitoring overseas cash flow forecasts and capital expenditure according to agreed timetables.
- Providing technical accounting guidance to overseas subsidiaries as required and resolving any query issues to defined policies and procedures.
- Assisting in and own production of other ad-hoc management reports such as the strategic management plans, capital expenditure plans, financial reports and other reports as required by local management and board of directors often to tight deadlines.
- Compliance - ensuring that all supported legal entities comply with all external (statutes, law, fiscal, local GAAP, IFRS) and internal (corporate policies) requirements.
- Processes and systems - assisting in the review and developing of existing systems, tools and processes to ensure; internal controls are effective and the integrity of financial information
- Preparation and co-ordination of project financial analysis and due assistance with commercial tenders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Finalist or newly qualified (CIMA / ACA / ACCA) Accountant with all round knowledge
- Ability to speak fluent Spanish is absolutely essential
- Ability to work under pressure, ensuring compliance with deadlines, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with department staff and non-finance staff
- Strong technical and analytical accounting skills
- Ability to comprehend and communicate financial data in a relevant and concise way both orally and in the development of written documents, reports and financial information
- Strong excel skills
This is an outstanding role for any accountant that would like to utilise their Spanish language skills alongside their technical accounting knowledge in a business that allows for growth under a supportive & progressive Financial Controller.