Group Financial Accountant
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 24 May 20192019-05-24 2019-07-23 property-and-housing London London GB GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client, a listed London property developer, are looking for a Group Financial Accountant to join their Central London head office.
Reporting into the Group Reporting Manager, the Group Financial Accountant will look after the quarterly reporting process and the preparation of the Group's statutory accounts.
The business is going through an extremely interesting time at the moment, with the potential to get involved in various acquisition/disposal work and other ad hoc projects.
If you are looking for a reporting role with a difference, and the chance to really make your mark on a listed real estate business, this is the perfect step.
Key responsibilities include:
- Production of financial accounts ensuring compliance with the relevant reporting standards, for submission to stakeholders
- Assistance with quarterly consolidation, press release and other Group Reporting led projects
- Develop a detailed understanding and knowledge of the Group structure, including agreements and contracts applicable to entities
- Ownership of legal entity TB’s. Regular monitoring and review to ensure costs and revenues have been correctly allocated
- Liaison with internal stakeholders to ensure timely completion and approval of statutory accounts
- Management of external audit requirements in respect of the annual entity audits of the Groups subsidiaries
- Work closely with the Head of Group Reporting to ensure changes in accounting policies and applicable standards are understood and implemented
- Support divisional finance teams allowing them to meet their financial reporting requirements
- Provide leadership and support to third party suppliers of financial information and review of information received
- Provide effective analytical review and understanding of key transactions at the entity level
The ideal candidate will be:
- ACA qualified (or overseas equivalent)
- Strong technical IFRS knowledge, with prior group consolidation experience
- An interest in the real estate sector
- Confident communicator and able to deal with challenging priorities
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please get in touch over the bank holiday!