Group Technical Accounting Manager
Salary car allowance, bonus
Location West LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Richard Boyd
Date posted 18 February 2019 2019-02-182019-04-19 engineering West London London GB GBP 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A Group Technical Reporting Manager is sought for large, diversified business in the energy space in London. The role is available after an internal promotion and my client has an enviable track record for internal development and progression.
Reporting into the Head of Group Reporting the role will focus in assisting in compliance with US GAAP across multiple listed groups including the application, interpretation and monitoring of accounting standard updates; maintenance and training in respect of Group accounting policies and procedures, and the preparation and review of technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
This role is a high profile role and would suit a candidate (likely ACA, ACCA, CIMA or other overseas equivalent) looking to make a move from practice at a Senior Manager level.
Group Technical Reporting Manager key responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual reports and facilitate the internal review for these documents.
- Investigate, conclude and explain accounting issues. Provide accounting guidance to management and broader finance teams as necessary.
- Assist in managing communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to facilitate the auditor review of accounting disclosures and technical accounting issues.
- Provide US GAAP/Group accounting policy support for M&A and ad hoc transactions activity.
- Assist in development, maintenance and training activities related to our Group Accounting Manual (under US GAAP) to improve clarity and consistency.
- Consider and plan accounting technical training requirements for the Group Reporting teams.
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements in respect of disclosures, new standards and technical accounting issues.
- Participate in other accounting and special projects as required
The successful candidate is likely to be a qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA (or other overseas equivalent) with a proven track record and heavy exposure to US GAAP, SEC and external financial reporting primarily at a group level. Candidates with this experience, but currently employed within industry and commerce will abaolutely be considered in addition.
Please contact Richard Boyd for more information, or for an informal discussion.