External Financial Reporting Manager
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Ryan Day
Date posted 22 November 2018 2018-11-222019-01-21 electronics UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
The role supports the Financial Controller in ensuring that all external reporting commitments are upheld for the business. The role is responsible for accurate and timely completion of Company Statutory Accounts and Internal Group Reporting. Accounting responsibilities for a number of group companies including PLC statutory reporting and tax packs. Other responsibilities include VAT support, Intrastat, EC Sales, RC Sales, Duty, PSA, Third Party Incentive and National Statistics processes.
- Responsible for preparation of the statutory accounts for the business and other group companies in adherence with FRS101.
- Support the implementation and impact analysis of new IFRS standards.
- Take ownership of the internal consolidation process for the businesses group companies and submission of monthly results to the parent company.
- Supporting the Financial Controller to ensure that the reported financials are fully reviewed, analysed and interrogated where necessary.
- Supporting the process for both Internal and External Audit teams & providing expertise and advice as required.
- Ensuring that all accounting entries processed adhere to internal controls and business statutory accounting policies.
- Ensuring that the PSA process is adhered to within all business areas and providing query support.
- Ensuring that Intrastat, EC Sales, RC Sales and National Statistics submissions are completed
- Accurate and timely preparation of Statutory Reporting and Tax Packs for all Group Companies.
- Supporting the numerous subsidiaries across the business to ensure there is a consistent and accurate reporting process throughout.
- Liaising with and fostering good relations within other areas of finance and the business
- Driving and supporting Continuous Improvement of processes in the finance team.
- Reviewing & improving business / accounting procedures.
- Support the Tax manager with any VAT and Intrastat returns ensuring that they are submitted accurately and on time for the UK and Foreign registrations.
- Support the duty approval, payment, reconciliation and reporting processes.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Strong technical knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards (FRS101)
- Previous experience of VAT compliance (preferable)
- Highly PC literate – particularly Excel & used to dealing with high volume, complex data manipulation & reporting
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Ability to balance customer service with the statutory requirements of the business
- High attention to detail and an ability to review detailed work quickly and accurately
- Organised self-starter with ability to plan & prioritise one’s own workload
- Will take ownership for issues and tackle them proactively with colleagues
- Highly motivated & enthusiastic with a "can do" mentality
- Disciplined and able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to review business processes in order to effect & instigate plans for future improvement
- Experience of using an integrated ERP system, Oracle/SAP
- Available to travel (10%< ongoing)