Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 20 November 2018 2018-11-202019-01-19 utilities UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
My client, a leading PE-backed renewable energy company, are recruiting for a technically strong Group Accountant, to join their stunning offices in Central London.
This highly acquisitive business are growing extremely quickly, and as such are in need of bolstering their group finance team.
The Group Accountant will take ownership of the quarterly consolidation process, offer technical IFRS advice to global business units, and undertake ad hoc projects as and when required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a passionate, fun and entrepreneurial team, in a pivotal role that will continue to grow.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the quarterly group consolidation and liaising with other Finance team members
- Manage the preparation and review of the statutory quarterly and annual financial statements
- Proactively anticipate consolidation and accounting issues and formulate solutions on a timely basis
- Monitor new IFRS accounting standards, and prepare implementation plans for the Group’s statutory reporting
- Ensure the Group accounting manual is kept up to date and liaise with local teams to ensure consistent application of accounting standards across the Group
- In conjunction with the other members of the team, be responsible for the production and enhancement of reporting, ensuring that the information and explanations provided are accurate and consistent with information reported to the Board
- Ensure the integrity of underlying data, data completeness and accounts which should reconcile
- Project management of the annual audit process
- Ownership of the group accounting system (Exchequer) and consolidation system (Anaplan)
- Support the Directors on ad hoc projects as they arise and assume ownership for outcomes
The ideal candidate will be:
ACA qualified (Big 4 preferred), with significant PQE in industry
Strong technical IFRS knowledge, including complex multicurrency consolidations
Excellent communication skills
- Passion for the renewable energy sector
Another European language highly desirable
To apply to this fantastic opportunity, please get in touch!