Financial Reporting Specialist
Salary bonus, benefitsFULL_TIME
Consultant Richard Boyd
Date posted 29 October 2018 2018-10-292018-12-28 utilities UK
This role will work closely with the shared service centre and teams across the wider group, including commercial, tax and treasury, to prepare the consolidation of the monthly and quarterly primary financial statements and supporting notes
External Reporting Lead / Specialist key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of the quarterly and annual reporting for listed and unlisted groups under US GAAP.
- Responsible for the consolidation, reconciliation and preparation of the monthly and quarterly income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements along with supporting note disclosures as reported to senior management.
- Review of work prepared by the Group Reporting analysts.
- Preparation and review of financial statement line items, managing the resolution of key issues with the shared service centre and regional teams.
- Proactively liaising with departments to instigate process improvement and finding synergies in the current reporting process.
- Preparation of analytical review and commentary on monthly main statements.
- Preparation of US GAAP technical accounting memos.
- Preparation of Annual Report disclosures.
- Responsible for Group Reporting SOx compliance.
- Assisting with the external audit.
To be considered, or to apply, it is likely that the successful candidate will have the following experience:
- A qualified ACA / ACCA (or other overseas equivalent) with a track record in technical, financial reporting ideally from having audited large, complex clients or within an in-house role
Experience with large multinational group consolidations and listed entity reporting. Experience of consolidation and ERP systems (Hyperion Financial Management is an advantage).
Good knowledge and practical experience of interpreting and applying accounting standards, preferably US GAAP.
Please contact Richard Boyd on 07867393775 for an informal discussion, if needed.