Group Finance Manager
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 10 October 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This rapidly growing organisation in Chester are looking for an experience Group Finance Manager to join the business on an initial 6 month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Group Financial Director, your core duties will include;
- Ensure that the team provides a timely, accurate, proactive service to the business at all times
- Provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to the team
- Production of performance reporting, monthly management and financial accounts packs to include analysis and commentary on all areas of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow
- Ensuring that all reporting provides relevant, insightful commentary on key variances between actuals and budget/forecast/last year
- Control and reporting of Capex spend
- Ensure that all processes, procedures and controls have been applied, including the maintenance/development/improvement of internal controls reporting and all associated documentation, together with Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Proactive liaison with other stakeholders to ensure business initiatives are appropriately dealt with and accounted for
- Production of Group consolidated and individual statutory accounts and associated press releases, presentation materials, Annual Report, Audit Committee papers etc
- Key contact point with external auditors
- Liaison with Head of Investor Relations to support in relation to Investor decks, analyst queries etc
- Proactive review and reporting of accounting regulation changes and preparation/presentation of technical papers to propose and support accounting treatments
- Maintenance and development of detailed cash flow forecasting, tied in with the quarterly re-forecasting process
- Key contact internally and externally for taxation matters (VAT, Corporation Tax and PAYE/NI)
- In-house expert on VAT, able to offer proactive advice to Commercial and Marketing colleagues on the impacts of changes to customer journeys, marketing strategies etc
- Working with the Commercial Finance team in the process for producing annual budgets and rolling forecasts
- Previous experience working within a Group PLC environment is an absolute must
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong accounting and tax technical knowledge, including IFRS, UK GAAP, Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE
- Experience of year end Group reporting process through to delivery of Annual Report and associated materials
- The ability to form close working relationships with senior management, to be able to communicate at their level, understand their requirements, gain their trust and influence them where necessary.
- The ability to motivate and lead, with particular emphasis on coaching/development and fostering a culture of constant process improvement and review of output
- Has excellent analytical skills and an ability to get to the heart of complex problems.
- Manages pressure well and copes well with demands from a number of different stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for any Group Finance Manager looking for the opportunity to join a household name business that can offer an interesting insight into a high growth business.