Senior Group Accountant
Salary £60,000 - £65,000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Dan Cohen
Date posted 30 August 2018 2018-08-302018-10-29 fmcg UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client are a FTSE 100 listed group, and are currently looking for a Senior Group Accountant to work in their Central London based head office. This role is broad, varied and will challenge candidate’s technical skill set. As consequence, the client believes this role to be an ideal stepping stone in the pursuit of a finance controller position.
My client are a FTSE 100 listed group, and are currently looking for a Senior Group Accountant to work in their Central London based head office. This role is broad, varied and will challenge candidate’s technical skill set. As consequence, the client believes this role to be an ideal stepping stone in the pursuit of a finance controller position. The group represent a social and inclusive culture, and will only consider those candidates who are looking to build a career within a personable, engaging atmosphere.
Location: Central London
Qualification: Full ACA/ACCA/CIMA
Title: Senior Group Accountant
Package: £60k-£65k + Bonus & Benefits
- A key member of the Group Reporting Team, responsible for a number of Central entities (e.g. UK statutory entities including the preparation of the annual statutory accounts) and a number of consolidation and elimination entities. This includes responsibility for reporting (actuals, forecast and budget) these entities and review and ownership of consolidation adjustments, including driving consolidation process improvements and efficiencies. A sound knowledge of multi-currency Group consolidations, with good attention to detail, is required.
- Responsible for the Group intercompany process. This includes the monthly review and monitoring of intercompany balance sheet and income statement mismatches and liaising with divisions to ensure all mismatches are resolved within a tolerable threshold each month.
- Responsible for reviewing the Group reserves’ movements each month, understanding all movements and ensuring proper elimination entries are recorded where appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing the Group PPE and intangible assets’ movements each month, ensuring all movements are valid and liaising with divisions to ensure corrections are made (if needed).
- Responsible for the Group accounting of share-based payments. This includes calculating the Group’s annual share-based payments charge, communicating this to the divisions and reviewing and analysing the share-based payment accounting entries each month.
- Responsible for managing the UK statutory accounts process. This includes setting and communicating the annual timetable, monitoring the process throughout the UK including liaising with the responsible accountants and statutory auditors as needed, and providing regular updates to various stakeholders.
About the client:
My Client is a FTSE 100 listed group, with an annual turnover that exceeds £5 billion. For more information on the client, please contact me on the details mentioned below.
- Fully qualified with the ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Candidates must boast at least 2 years of post-qualified experience
- The client will consider candidates applying directly from practise
- Experience working with group reporting is essential
- Candidates coming from a company of a similar size to the client will boast an advantage
- Experience using Hyperion is advantageous, yet not essential
- Candidates should be of a fun and social personality, given the client’s emphasis on social care.
Please call me on 0207 509 8139 for more details on this position. Alternatively, please send an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you.