Senior Finance Manager
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 06 August 2018 2018-08-062018-10-05 engineering UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This large, multi-national organisation in Warrington are looking for a technically strong Senior Finance Manager to join their team in a newly created role due to a restructure within the finance function.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant technical accounting support to the business
- Supervise and direct the team to drive the efficient production of statutory accounts
- Manage external audit process
- Ensure financial statutory statements are accurate, comply with local GAAP and legal regulations and filed in accordance with local timescales.
- Build strong relationships with external business partners, advisors, key business leaders and joint venture board members to support, optimise, explain and manage the financial structures in place to support the business
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests (corporate restructurings and significant/unusual transactions)
- Design and provide training to key stakeholders on a range of technical accounting issues
- Identify key business risks ensuring both correct accounting treatment and appropriate plans are in place to drive business performance improvement
- Ensure the internal control environment is strong and compliant
- Support and drive strategic initiatives to drive efficiencies
- Work with Tax, Treasury and legal to ensure that all tax, treasury and finance matters are compliant and optimised
- Chartered Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or similar) with significant post qualification experience
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills essential
- Multi-national company experience
- Extensive experience in accounting and reporting
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage, train and develop staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple duties in a fast-paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for any technically strong accountant within a Senior Finance Manager role to join a multi-national, fast paced, PLC business that can offer progression & opportunities for autonomy.