Salary £52,000 - £54,000 per annum
Consultant Mickey Mullin
Date posted 23 July 2018 2018-07-232018-09-21 manufacturing-and-production UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
The role is working for a market leading manufacturing company, specialising in sustainable technologies and chemical advancement. They are listed on the London Stock Exchange and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. They are looking for a Group Accountant to join their head office in the City.
An opportunity has arisen for a Group Accountant to join a team responsible for providing a high standard of accurate and timely consolidated financial information to the board/Group Management Committee (‘GMC’) for the purposes of management control and to meet statutory reporting requirements for the group. The role will be responsible for communicating with financial controllers, divisional financial directors and other members of the group’s finance functions worldwide to clarify reports and advise on statutory reporting requirements.
- Produce sections of the monthly Group Operating Report (management accounts) to meet the GMC and Board requirements, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and compliance with group standards.
- Produce forecasts and reports as required, including information for financial control purposes and for Treasury, Tax and M&A departments.
- Produce sections of the half and full year consolidated published accounts and related supporting analyses ensuring compliance with group accounting policies, statutory requirements and IFRS. This involves reviewing and analysing submissions from businesses, working collaboratively with the relevant finance team to investigate unexpected items and liaising with external auditors.
- Prepare statutory accounts for UK subsidiaries mainly under FRS101.
- Maintain IFRS technical knowledge and provide advice on reporting requirements as required.
- Produce sections of the annual group budget and divisional budget schedules.
- Update and/or test software changes to meet the above requirements for the consolidation system, input systems used to collect data from businesses and the front end reporting system. Liaise as necessary with the Business Information Services Department.
- Produce ad hoc financial reports and analyses on request and deal effectively with one-off requirements such as those arising from major transactions or changes to the group structure.
- Be ACA qualified with first time passes and be a graduate with an Upper Second Class degree or above.
- Have strong IT literacy with good knowledge of Excel including the use of macros.
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to solve complex issues.
- Be able to work as part of a team and have good verbal and written communication skills.