Financial Reporting Accountant
Salary £300 - £350 per day
Location St. Albans
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 12 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A leading online retailer based in Hertfordshire are recruiting an interim Financial Reporting Accountant for a period of 3-6 months to support the production of the Group's financial statements. You will support the Finance department in the preparation of the annual report, half year results and the financial statements of the Group PLC's subsidiary entities under IFRS.
About the role:
Through supporting the financial department, your role will include, but is not limited to, providing technical advice and guidance, liaising with the Group's auditors, accounting for the Group's inter-company arrangements, foreign self-insurance vehicle and a foreign intellectual property company. You will also be responsible for timely filing of the corporation tax returns for all UK companies and assistance with ad hoc financial reporting matters.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Accountant will include:
- Supporting the Group Financial Reporting Manager in the preparation of the annual report and interim financial statements of the Group
- Supporting in the preparation for the year end audit and the interim review
- Lead and manage the contact with and providing assistance to the Group's auditors
- Responsibility of technical advice and guidance internally within finance and externally outside finance relation to IFRS accounting treatment of various matters.
- Lead the preparation of quarterly reporting information , communicated externally and internally to the FD/CFO
- Assist on financial reporting matters concerning the overseas R&D centre
- Assist in the formulating of accounting policies for the Group
- Lead the inter-company reconciliations and elimination process at month end and year end
Essential Skills required:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or overseas equivalent, with 3 + years PQE (This level of experience is intended as a guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role)
- Strong academics, minimum 2:1 at degree level (or overseas equivalent)
- Good technical knowledge of IFRS and experience of preparing financial statements under IFRS
- Advanced excel skills
The Financial Reporting Accountant position presents the opportunity and challenge of working in both a dynamic and exciting environment within the UK's largest dedicated online grocery retailer.
If you feel you're skill set is aligned with the above criteria, and would like to apply, please do send an updated CV to email@example.com