Salary £400 - £450 per day
Consultant Thomas Mullin
Date posted 19 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client are a FTSE 100 global powerhouse based in central London who have an opening in their office in central London for a technical accounting specialist.
The role purpose is to provide technical accounting advice and support to the group, specifically to:
• Read all new IFRS standards, amendments, interpretations and exposure drafts to identify any changes that could impact the group. Ensure early communication of significant issues to all interested parties.
• Work closely with the Group Reporting team and businesses to ensure that changes in accounting policies are implemented properly, including ensuring that the necessary disclosures are included in the group accounts.
• Provide post-implementation support and training on IFRS 9 and 15.
• Manage the implementation of IFRS 16, Leases.
• Keep up-to-date with changes in UK GAAP (FRS 101) and provide advice to the Group Reporting team on any significant changes on a timely basis.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate:
• Big 4 trained
• ACA qualified
• FTSE 100 experience
• Experience with IFRS 9, 15 and 16