Head of Group Reporting
Consultant Laura Watt
Date posted 13 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client are a FTSE 250 listed business with a global turnover of £2billion and 60,000 employees. Due to internal changes, this is initially a 9 month FTC with potential for a permanent contract after upcoming restructuring.
Head of Group Reporting (9 month FTC)
Based in Basingstoke + UK travel
Competitive base salary + car allowance, generous pension contribution, bonus and share plan and 25 days holiday.
The Head of Group Reporting position sits within a team of 4 and is a high-profile role leading the internal and external Financial Reporting activities of the global Group. It has full visibility across the organization, working within the finance leadership team to deliver transformation within the function and driving new ways of working to support future business success and outsourcing group reporting processes.
You will improve the effectiveness of the reporting team and will have the strength of character to influence the quality of financial reporting and overall strategic transformation of the reporting team across the Group.
- Providing accurate and assured management and statutory financial information to key stakeholders, including senior management, across the Group in a timely fashion
- Production of quality management reporting and analysis and insights provided
- Group financial reporting decisions, plus ownership of all external financial reporting deliverables
- Manage and plan the audit for the Group
- Enforce Group financial control procedures in relation to reporting activities
- Develop Group accounting policies and ensure that they are appropriate and implemented consistently across the Group
- Enhance efficiency and robustness of the consolidation and reporting process
- Ensure compliance with Group policy and procedures under UK GAAP and IFRS
- To participate in the development and transformation the Group Finance Function – its strategy, processes and operating model
- To put in place financial reporting plans and strategies for the Group as well as the delivery of a rigorous framework for external reportin
- Act as a champion of continual business improvement through change and innovation within the Reporting function
- Rebuild, manage, coach and train a Group Reporting team including recruitment and building a development pipeline to meet future challenges
The ideal candidate as Head of Group Reporting:
- Qualified accountant (ACA preferred), with experience of audit and a strong academic background
- History of delivering change and transformation in a complex and demanding environme
- Experience of developing reporting plans and strategies that deliver improved and best practice reporting processes
- Skilled at influencing outcomes and relationship building within a matrix-structured, multinational organisational environment
- Experience in working with an outsourced service provider