Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Neil Rogerson
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Scientific Games has partnered with Robert Walters looking to recruit a motivated Project Accountant to join its team based in Greater Manchester.
Scientific Games is a NASDAQ listed, global leader in the gaming and lottery industries, with Global headquarters in Las Vegas and over 9,500 staff across the world.
The Group is on a mission to create the world’s best gaming and lottery experience for its customers.
The Group operates through three divisions – Gaming, Lottery and Digital. Collectively these offer customers a fully integrated technology platform and a customer focuses experience.
All of Scientific Games’ divisions and employees are guided by the same core values:
By the Rules: Maintain integrity in everything we do.
To Improve the Game: Continuously innovate and raise the bar.
With Passion: We love what we do and have fun doing it!
Smart: Take ownership and hold ourselves accountable.
Together: One mission, one team, one Scientific Games.
To Win: Surpass the expectations of our stakeholders.
Project Accountant key responsibilities:
- Technical accounting lead; analysing complex matters and providing advice on accounting application
- Consolidation support for entities, providing support locally and to the US Corporate team
- Projects – manage a number of finance projects across disciplines. Initial projects to include extraction of entity records and harmonisation of processes
- Manage the completion of month end postings, reconciliations and reports to a demanding timeframe for the holding companies
- Manage the external audit, ensuring key milestones are achieved and the audit is effectively conducted
- Internal audit support
- Manage the close down of entities within the Group which are identified as surplus to requirements
- Support in the embedding of systems controls to facilitate the SOX environment
- Other duties that may be required from time to time
Project Accountant key requirements:
- Able to follow detailed instructions accurately
- ACA qualified
- A team player who is happy to work in an environment of mutual support
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage time
- Able to bring energy and enthusiasm
- Flexible and willing to assist where required
- Approachable in nature and able to work well with non-financial areas of the business
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service
- Good attention to detail
- IFRS, US GAAP and European GAAP experience
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft office packages; Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous experience of working in a large finance team
For further information on this outstanding opportunity please contact email@example.com or +44 (0)1612 147 400
All third-party applications will be sent to Robert Walters.