Group Financial Accountant
Salary £400 - £450 per day
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 16 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An excellent 6 month contract opportunity as Group financial Accountant, to support the implementation and adoption of IFRS 15 & 16, working for a market leader in its chosen field. Based in Hertfordshire.
My client is one of Europe's leading independent providers of IT infrastructure services with revenues in 2017 of £3.8 billion and circa 15,000 employees. They have recently completed a SAP implementation and this and other organisational changes continue to create new opportunities within the Group Finance organisation which has resulted in the requirement for a Group Financial Accountant ( ACA/ACCA) on an interim basis.
Reporting to the Group Financial Accounting Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Executing the monthly Group Consolidation including ownership, management and continuous development of the process
- Production of various Group Reporting outputs to Senior Management and the Board including the monthly board packs.
- Deliver, as part of a wider team, the Interim Report and Annual Report & Accounts as part of a team for this FTSE 250 listed PLC
- Consolidation of budgets and forecasts, as well as monthly, quarterly, and year-end results; ensuring their compliance within Group policies and IFRS
- Assisting in the review and analysing of monthly figures, and providing useful cashflow insight to the business
- Performing various types of ad-hoc analysis
The ongoing and future opportunities include:
- Work on a project team to continue to implement a new consolidation and group reporting system rolling out across the business
- Technical accounting reviews of commercial operations
- Undertake ad hoc projects for the Group Head Of Financial Reporting
- Assisting with the upcoming adoption of IFRS - 15 &16
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Strong academic background with a big four background ( ACA/ACCA)
- Experience of consolidation accounting and statutory account preparation under IFRS (15 & 16) - ESSENTIAL
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Advanced Excel
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with technical accouting experience, especailly around the adoption of IFRS 15 & 16. The business is currently achieving strong organic service revenue growth in individual countries, as well as winning significant global managed services contracts.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com