Salary £250 - £350 per day
Consultant Anderson Da Silva
Date posted 13 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
This company is a global technology business that delivers high performace electronics solutions.
As the Company Accountant you will be based in Luton working for a well-recognised global technology business and responsilbe for the following.
• Support the completion of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts within the set deadlines
• Complete month end close within 5 workings days.
Ensure accounting standards are applied to transactions. Manage accruals & prepayments, that postings are accurate, complete balance sheet reconciliations and that clearing accounts have been posted. Complete the month end close on Oracle.
• Prepare month end reporting to cover all financial statements.
• Produce and report weekly forecasts and KPI’s to provide up to date information to the senior team on divisional performance, highlighting issues as early as possible and supporting corrective measures where appropriate
• Support the product costing process, complete Oracle transactions and resolve any issues on routings and standard costings
• Support the Finance team and other departments in adhoc tasks and projects.
• Support the commercial team on managing existing contracts and quoting for new contracts.
Financial accounting / Statutory reporting
• Support financial controller on both annual and interim external audits, producing audit schedules and completing audit samples as required.
• Balance sheet and cashflow forecasting.
• Prepare and issue weekly / monthly stock reports. Co-ordinate and support PI counts and work with the supply chain team on accuracy, timing and reporting of stock.
• Maintain the fixed asset register, complete audits of existing assets and capitalise new acquisitions in a timely manner.
• Assist Purchase & Sales ledger with adhoc queries, reviewing both ledgers to ensure the Management Accounts are accurate (specifically regarding aged debtors and GRNI).
• Calculate VAT returns.
• Administer Government and other grants (prepare claims, forecast remaining project).
The successful Company Accountant will have:
• Qualified CIMA, ACA or equivalent
• Strong communicator
• Attention to detail
• Strong Excel skills (vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables)
• Strong systems skills
• Good presentation skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Team Player
• Proactive approach with an ability to work on own initiative.
• Experience of using Oracle
• Manufacturing Experience
• Experience of working within an SME
This is a really exciting opportunity for a well established company accountant. If you are interested, then please submit your CV or email me at Anderson.firstname.lastname@example.org.