Salary £50000 - £62000 per annum + 30% Bonus
Location Milton Keynes
Consultant Harsa Abeelack
Date posted 01 February 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Accountant with a leading FTSE listed manufacturing business based at their Headquarters in Milton Keynes. The company is keen to secure a high calibre qualified ACA or ACCA professional with 2 year +post qualification experience. You will be looking to progress and develop their career in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The Group Accountant based out of the Milton Keynes office will be responsible for the delivery of high quality information to the investor community, board and senior executives. You will have considerable exposure to the senior management team and you can expect to be involved in ad hoc projects on a regular basis.
Preparing and delivering consolidated financial reporting including:
- Weekly sales, operating profit and debt report
- Monthly management, financial and board reporting
- Half-yearly and full-year external reporting and results announcements to the City
- Forecasts, annual strategic plan and budget
Responsible for the interaction with allocated Strategic Business Units and Regions, including:
- Management of all data submissions, ensuring data is timely, complete and accurate. Understanding the information received, ensuring analysis and explanations are insightful and useful
- Resolution of practical and technical accounting issues including an assessment of impact on the business
- Responsible for the provision of financial support to the other internal and external stakeholders, including provision of information for decision making purposes
- Ad hoc internal and external financial reporting, analysis and modelling to analyse scenarios that impact the business
- Mentoring of graduates and new members to the group reporting team
- Production of statutory accounts for UK based limited companies
The successful Group Accountant will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Qualified accountant (at least 2 years PQE) either from a recognised firm or with relevant industry experience
- Strong analytical ability and eye for detail and accuracy, with an ability to take a broader view as required
- Technically strong with high level of awareness of IFRS and UK GAAP, including accounting for treasury activities and financial instruments
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems and identify and implement process improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in both head office and the pan-global operating divisions of the group
- Flexible and motivated team player with a drive to deliver and achieve in role.
- Experience of large or mid-size PLC reporting preferred
This company offers excellent development opportunities and a competitive salary and bonus scheme.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Harsa Abeelack on 01908 044018 or email: email@example.com.