Group Financial Accountant
Salary £43000 - £48000 per annum
Consultant Neil Rogerson
Date posted 28 September 2016
As the Group Financial Accountant you will be responsible for all financial reporting (annual, management, regulatory, tax etc.) across the Group. You will take the lead on financial forecasting and variance analysis, and ensure the Group complies with the latest accounting standards and best practice. You will support the wider finance function and senior management with other ad hoc projects.
- Monthly financial reporting for individual business units and on a consolidated Group basis (including KPIs and variance analysis).
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for all Group entities.
- Regulatory reporting.
- Tax reporting and preparation of annual tax computations.
- Preparation and presentation of rolling forecasts for individual business units.
- Management of one staff member, including relevant training and competency requirements.
- Implement and ensure continuous process improvement to reporting process.
- Provide support to ad hoc projects within finance as they arise.
- Carry out all duties in a manner that reflects the Group’s values at all times
- Undertake any further duties determined as reasonable and necessary in fulfillment of the role.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting standards.
- General knowledge of financial services industry.
- Experience of reporting to senior management.
- Experience of staff management.
- Track record of delivery of projects / initiatives to plan.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong excel skills.
To be considered for the role of Group Financial Accountant you will have strong experience of financial reporting and will be able to communicate financial information to business users and senior management alike. You will thrive on excellence, with a can-do attitude, ever ready to take ownership and deliver results in the right way. Experience in practice preferred.
The culture is professional & demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards. They also have superb offices & working environemnt.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Group Financial Accountant job.
Apply today or call Neil Rogerson on 01612147400 to find out more.